Contact & FAQ
WHAT IS THE EXACT ADDRESS?
This year’s RACE CELEBRATION happens at:
Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC
2800 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, D.C. 20007
This year’s RACE is VIRTUAL!
Run from anywhere you want and walk or run at anytime that works for you!
WHAT ARE THE NEAREST METRO STOPS & BUS LINES?
The Foggy Bottom-GWU Metro station, located on the blue and orange lines, is a short 15-minute walk from Georgetown. The Rosslyn, Virginia station, located on the blue and orange lines, is a short walk across the Key Bridge to Georgetown.
Metro riders can also access Georgetown via the DC Circulator bus from the Rosslyn and Dupont Circle Metro stations.
For more information, including a map and trip planning feature, visit www.wmata.com.
WHERE DO I PARK?
HOTEL PARKING IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR GENERAL PARTICIPANTS. Hotel parking is only available for Powered By and Premier sponsors at a discounted rate of $10 (all parking proceeds will be donated to cancer research). Parking passes will be issued to Powered By and Premier sponsors in advance through the Sponsor’s Point of Contact. Parking passes must be printed or displayed via phone.
STREET PARKING – available along Pennsylvania Ave NW. Parking can also be found at 3000 K Street NW and 1036 30th St NW.
WATERGATE GARAGE PARKING – park for $8.00 at the Watergate Garage located at 2600 Virginia Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20037.
COLONIAL PARKING – Find and reserve parking with Colonial Parking garages.
CAN I FUNDRAISE FOR THE RACE TO BEAT CANCER?
We love our supporters and welcome additional fundraising efforts from individuals and teams alike! Here are a few things to consider and some tips we suggest for getting the most out of your experience:
Step 1 – Establish a fundraising goal and a deadline for reaching that goal. This is a great way to challenge yourself, family, and friends while partaking in friendly competition with others. Set up your own personal fundraising page when you REGISTER.
Step 2 – Make a list of everyone in your network (friends, family, co-workers, social circles, etc.) and share your personal fundraising page with them. The number one reason people don’t donate is because no one asks them – so, don’t be shy!
Step 3 – Tell everyone in your network that you’re participating in the Race to Beat Cancer and give them some compelling reasons and options to support you.
- SHARE information about the event and why it is important to you!
- SHARE stories, videos, stats, and photos from the event website, so they understand the impact
- GIVE them options to support you: Ask for a $25 donation, LIKE the Facebook page, follow on Instagram, register to volunteer, become an in-kind donor or sponsor, etc.
Step 4 – Say ‘Thank You’ and follow-up with people! We’ll take care of acknowledging your donors with tax receipts, but a personal thank you from you goes a long way. Keep them up to date on your fundraising and training progress and let them know that their donation matters and is helping support cancer research and support those battling cancer.
Don’t forget to ask your employer if they have a matching gift program. Many companies will match donations made by employees. This is a way for companies to support charitable contributions, plus it is tax deductible.
Don’t forget – each person that raises $100 will earn an official Race to Beat Cancer t-shirt!
CAN I CREATE A TEAM?
Absolutely! Gather your friends and family to join the fight to #BeatCancer! To register as a team, a minimum of four participants is required. Additional participants can be added after initial registration. Teams can be families, friends, clubs, or simply running enthusiasts who love the thrill of crossing a finish line together for a great cause.
HOW TO CREATE RACE TEAMS:
- Rally your friends by telling them about the event and the cause. Make sure to have them check follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
- Choose a fun team name that represents your group and assign a team captain who will be the point of contact for communication between your team and the race team.
- Set a fundraising goal and register your team and stay up to date for the big day
- Share your team page on social media and via e-mail to recruit and raise money
HOW DO I PLAN A VIRTUAL RACE?
Great question! We will be holding our virtual race from October 10 – 22, 2022. A virtual celebration will take place on Saturday, October 22. You can register today for the race as we will be sending some fun challenges and health tips before the start date.
We looked around for some information and really like the practical tips HERE from Runner’s World. Tip #2 is a great way to help plan a course that works for you whether you are walking or running. Below you will find more specific information on signing up and links to share with your networks.
- Sign up and become a fundraiser. Our top fundraiser will win a prize!
- Print the Virtual race bib to attach to your clothing, following these instructions.
- From October 10 – 22, pick a safe place to run or walk 10K, 5K or 1 Mile – or bike 25 miles – on your own wearing your printed race bib.
- Use MapMyRun, Strava, any free app or your GPS watch to help you map a course or time your run. A treadmill or stationary bike works, too!
- Take some photos and celebrate your run! Tag @racetobeatcancer on Instagram and Facebook and use the hashtag #MyRace2BeatCancer so we can share your accomplishments!
- During Race Week, visit your RunSignUp registration website to enter your Race Results (We’ll also send you a link). Results must be entered by October 21, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
NOTE: Kids ages 1-3 are FREE, and kids ages 4-17 are $10 for ALL races. Discount will be applied at checkout.
WHAT DOES THE FUNDING SUPPORT?
ARE THERE ANY PRIZES OR AWARDS AT THE RACE TO BEAT CANCER?
ARE THERE ANY PRIZES OR AWARDS AT THE RACE TO BEAT CANCER?
Yes! We want to thank and reward those that go the extra mile to help raise additional funding for cancer research. Fundraisers that raise $250 or more receive awesome SWAG that will be a reminder of the great work and effort put worth when race day is over:
- Platinum Fundraiser ($1,000) TBD
- Gold Fundraiser ($750) TBD
- Silver Fundraiser ($500) TBD
- Bronze Fundraiser ($250) TBD
Visit Fundraising Tips and Tools for more ways to jumpstart your fundraising!
We are also excited to present awards to our top three fundraising teams to acknowledge their joint efforts and collaboration. Prizes vary each year but are given with a team in mind to celebrate together after race day is over!
RACE REGISTRATION AND RESULTS
Online registration for the 2022 Race to Beat Cancer is now open. While you can start training now and enjoy some fun challenges we have in the works, the actual race will occur from October 10 – 22, 2022. Don’t forget to save the date for our virtual celebration at 10:00 am on Saturday, October 22!
Find your 2020 Race To Beat Cancer results HERE.