Join Us in Raising Critical Funds for Cancer Research and Clinical Trials
The Race to Beat Cancer in Washington, DC raises much-needed funds and awareness for cancer research and clinical trials. On this day, we celebrate survivors and honor those who have lost their battles with cancer. Join the Four Seasons Hotel, Washington, DC and the greater DC area community as we promote healthy lifestyles and give hope to thousands who continue the fight this deadly disease.
Sign up today for our virtual race that will be held from September 25 – October 1, 2021. A virtual celebration will be held on Saturday, October 2. Whether you are a walker, runner, volunteer, or supporter, you are part of a team that is committed to finding a cure for cancer. Here’s how to do it:
- Register for the Race and begin fundraising! On the first page, you can choose whether you would like to join or create a team. If you create a team, you will receive a link to your Team Page to invite others to join you.
- Print the Virtual race bib to attach to your clothing, following these instructions.
- From September 25 – October 1, pick a safe place to run or walk 10K, 5K or 1 Mile – or bike 25 miles – on your own wearing your printed race bib.
- Use MapMyRun, Strava, any free app or your GPS watch to help you map a course or time your run. A treadmill or exercise bike works, too!
- Take some photos and celebrate your run! Tag @racetobeatcancer on Instagram and Facebook and use the hashtag #MyRace2BeatCancer so we can share your accomplishments!
- During Race Week, visit your RunSignUp registration website to enter your Race Results. (We’ll also email you a link). Results must be entered by October 1, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. The top performer for each category (1-mile, 5k, 10k, biking) will be announced live on social media and the virtual race program on October 2. They’ll also each earn some awesome swag (water bottle, back pack and picture frame)!
- Stay tuned for more information on our Virtual Race Day Program to be held Saturday, October 2 at 10:00 a.m.!
Volunteer with us! There Are So Many Ways to Lend a Helping Hand
The Race To Beat Cancer seeks volunteers to serve as champions. You don’t have to run the race to make a difference to #BeatCancer.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for volunteer opportunities.
Register or Volunteer
Your Donations Make a HUGE Impact
GIVING BY CHECK
If you would like to make a donation by mail, please send your donation to:
MedStar Washington Hospital Center, Office of Philanthropy
ATTN: Race to Beat Cancer
110 Irving Street, NW | East Building, Suite 1001 | Washington, DC 20010